The BetterGrids Foundation
The BetterGrids Foundation is a non-profit organization providing support for the GRID DATA Repository in a self-funding and self-governing manner through volunteers.
Our Vision is for grid researchers to have the essential test data they need to develop better grid solutions.
Our Mission is to operate the Repository in a self-funding manner to support research and education in developing better solutions for grid optimization, control, resiliency, and integration of renewable and distributed resources.
- Engaging a community of volunteers to operate the Repository and govern BetterGrids.
- Developing value-added grid research solutions that can help recover operating costs.
- Connecting grid research students with entrepreneurs to improve Tech-to-Market success.
- Organizing annual fundraising events.
- Making grants to research students developing better grid solutions.
The BetterGrids Foundation is registered as a non-profit in Delaware.
The activities of the Foundation are carried out via committees as depicted in the organization chart (click to zoom).
More information can be found in these resources: